Friday, July 11, 2008

Day 23

I had a meeting with a recruiter today, for a job in Louisville. It's a contract job until the end of the year, that could get extended for a full year. I have never worked contract before, but it could actually be pretty cool. I should hear early next week if they are interested in talking to me.

No offense to any recruiters out there, but that can be a hard route for me to go. Often, recruiters are NOT engineers, nor do they have any engineering experience, they can't often really comprehend the jobs from the employers, nor can they translate an engineer's background to fit with a job description. It sometimes leads to dead ends, but any route is worthwhile. A dead end doens't really cost me anything (except the gas it took to drive to the city this morning!)


Anyhow, I was complaining about the fridge this morning, and husband says "That's what you can do with your first paycheck. By a new fridge. You can use all your money for house stuff"

Which is exactly what I intend to do... NOW, there's a little trick about the paycheck... gotta find someone to hire me for what I can do for them. Still working on it!

No comments: