Thursday, June 26, 2008

Day 9

I had a great phone interview today. It has me thinking positive thoughts, and realizing maybe I should take better advantage of my time off. But then again, I am working my tail off... I am enjoying spending so much time with the dogs, even if they are just all around me napping at the moment. :)

Regardless, my time off has not been fruitless. I did finally mow the jungle of the back yard, I am finishing the venetian plaster in the bathroom. My husband doesn't even notice that all his laundry is done and put away for him. Today I have to hit some dishes, wash some eggs, and mow around the orchard before those weeds take over our trees. There are plenty of little things to do. I don't mind doing them.

And sometimes I feel OK with the idea of staying home indefinitely... Except for that side of me that is a saver and a spender. There's a side of me that likes putting money aside for future use - emergencies, projects, whatever. Then there is a side of me that likes being able to do nice things - like fix up my house or whatever. Though staying home could be fun, and very beneficial - for all the work I can get done on the farm. I think money might still be more worthwhile right now than just my extra time on the farm. Ah well, we shall see.

No comments: