Monday, June 23, 2008

Day 6

I've been applying to jobs - stretching the bounds for myself. Can I try technical writing? I've been published many times, but in a very niche technology. But I've written. Can I give that a try? I am looking for something that I can get started with, and I'm not talking about Associated Content, though a few extra bucks here and there isn't a bad idea.

I got some stuff done on the house this morning, still working on painting a bathroom, weeding the garden, feeding chickens. It wasn't so bad that I was home today - Lucy got her head stuck in the chicken fence, so I got to save her from that. She might have struggled all day, or annihilated the fence. I'm still catching mice in the house, and in the barn. I can collect eggs in the morning before the egg-eater gets to them. It's really not all bad.

But when husband leaves in the morning, it still just doesn't feel right. And his daily to-do list kills me as well. I know how to stay busy here, and truthfully, I need to spend lots of my time applying to jobs. I went through Indeed.com, monster, careerbuilder, SME.org and SWE.org, as well as opportunityknocks.org. Now it's time to hit each company one by one and see what is out there.

I have my dreams set on AVA Solar. IN the meantime, I have a phone interview tonight with Covidien. I will take what I can get. Again, a humbling experience. Let's get the bills paid.

No comments: