Friday, August 1, 2008

Offer #2 on the table

Got another offer. A job that is more suited to my skills than the first offer. In an industry associated with energy, so it's more stable than my last job. Equivalent salary to my last job, half days every friday, a volleyball league within the company. Also closer to home than the first offer. The first offer was also contract - which could be good or bad.

Contract would have given me an easy out if AVA Solar ever decides I am worth their while. But instead, I am going to sit down, shut up, and be happy with a job, work my tail off.

And the first order of business - I'm buying a new fridge. And I'm getting a stainless steel one. THEN we start working on running water and electric out to the pasture, and building our greenhouse. Thanks to the lay off, we were finally able to talk about finances, put together a budget and a plan for getting the BIG things we always wanted.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Multiple choice tests in real life - how delightful (grin).

And I'm glad some positives came out of a truly stressful situation.

Kirk