Sunday, August 3, 2008

I accepted

I go back to work in 2 weeks. Weird.

That'll put me at about 2 months of being unemployed. I need to buy new pants.

IN 2 months, we have revamped the budget in our house, re-organized our priorities, put a project list together, and learned a lot about what it's like for one person to be home and the other "working".

In 2 months, I've worked my tail off at times, I've gotten some extra sleep at other times, I've gotten some things done, and put off others.

Now I have 2 weeks - I have a website re-do to complete, and some other SWE tasks to finish. Then we get back to life the way it was, but it'll never feel the same to me. I am already looking forward to "retirement" although I have been looking forward to that for a long time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You cannot see me, but I'm holding up a lighter and yelling, "Woooooot!"

Actually, now I'm not. My wife told me to quit being such a fool. But still,

Wooot! Congratulations. And may things go very, very well in the future.

Kirk