Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Just when I thought it was over

I got a phone call from a company that I applied to well over a year ago. They are a big renewable energy company that has come to Colorado. They are filling thousands of jobs here, on an order of magnitude larger than they originally anticipated. Everyone I know that was interested in a new job has applied to them, and none of us have heard a word.

They called me for an interview last week. I didn't think it could hurt to go, and didn't think my odds were that great. As usual, they made a stink about my job history, as everyone has a right to do. If I hadn't been laid off, I wouldn't be in that position again right now.

Anyhow, I got the call last night. And can I say - "they liked me, they REALLY liked me!"

I'm expecting an offer. This is going to get difficult. We'll see what happens. I really like the idea of being on the right side of the energy equation - of being part of the solution and not part of the problem. Wish me luck.

No comments: